Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Top 10 Saddest Deaths of the Last Century

I feel like I missed out on a New Year's post. I was so sickened by the fact I didn't make a tribute, I felt I had to do something a little dark to sell my apology.
The reason it's century is because there were just some people that I actually cry because they aren't here now, but weren't in a close enough time period.
Enough babbling. Without further ado...
Top 10 Saddest Deaths of the Last Century:
10. Bela Lugosi
Poor guy. Just couldn't catch a break. Drug addict, troubled lifestyle, and worst of all, forced to be in Ed Wood movies. I'll always remember you for Dracula, buddy.
9. Heath Ledger
Why so serious? I'll tell you why. One of the greatest actors of all time passed away. Forget the buzz over The Dark Knight. Just take Heath's masterpieces: 10 Things I Hate About You, Brokeback Mountain, A Knight's Tale. R.I.P., Heath. Hope you're laughing wherever you are.
8. Michael Jackson
Yes, he's on here. Like I couldn't resist. The guy's a legend. What I think is really sad is that the very same people talking shit over him the day before his death are suddenly the biggest fans ever once he's gone. I didn't much like his music save for a few, but you can't deny the musical or societal impact he's had on today's life.
7. John Lennon
A personal hero for generations and one of the richest dead people, the second most widely recognized Beatle was good friends with Paul and had one of the biggest funeral services ever. Sorry Beatles fans. At least you have a great legacy and great music.
6. John Hughes
I mean, how could I not? The guy revolutionized the teen movie genre, created movies that are still popular today, and gave birth to the Brat Pack. For now, just appreciate the great films he's made.
5. Patrick Swayze
AHAHAHA seriously, though, he was a nice guy. Not the greatest actor maybe, but he was in Road House and Point Break, and that's enough for him to be on this list, but he gained this spot purely out of the controversy attained over his death.
4. Charles Addams
The creator of the universally appealing Addams family with a great sense of humor. Unfortunately he died before the release of the movies, but his legacy lives on as well the popular characters created by him.
3. Robert Aldrich
This is the guy who directed The Dirty Dozen and The Longest Yard. He deserves to be here just as much as anyone else for directing some of the greatest movies of all time.
Now, my list might not be the same as everyone else, but these people got here from my personal preference or the sheer impact. Impact influenced most of the above, but the last two will be a bit controversial because they're my opinion. They're also both singers.
2. Bon Scott
AC/DC rocks on forever, but the world it a little less rockin' without this man's singing brilliance. For those about to rock, we salute you; let there be rock; etc. Hopefully he's not on the Highway to Hell.
1.
Drumroll...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Kurt Cobain
The lead singer and guitarist of the greatest grunge band ever, Nirvana, who allegedly committed suicide on April 5th, 1994, remains a musical and moral influence on anyone who ever picked up a guitar after. Struggling with heroin and low self-esteem, Kurt was a troubled person. If only he could see the love fans are giving him today. Godspeed, Kurt. We love you, man.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for putting up John Lennon, man. Learning he was dead really hit me. However, that was only because of how he died, I'm still wondering why that person did that. 0_0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kurt Cobain was the saddest death on this list for me, I love him in a totally hetero way, but John Lennon, man. John fucking Lennon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw. That's sad. Long time no see.

    ReplyDelete